These are a lifelong favourite of mine. At my brunch bridal shower, and on the morning of my wedding, my bridesmaids made sure these were served as they knew they were my favourite kind of muffin.
That was before I discovered these Peanut Butter Banana Muffins on my quest to find another delicious and healthy muffin recipe that turned out every time, to get us through the lockdown of spring 2020. Both of these muffins are fantastic, and now my ideal brunch party would include both options.
1 1/4 cups flour of choice
1 1/2 cups wheat bran
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar (or sweetener of choice)
3/4 cup oil
1 cup pumpkin
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 and put liners in muffin tin made for 12 muffins.
2. In a stand mixer, slowly beat all ingredients (except chocolate chips) together until smooth.
3. Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
4. Fill muffin liners with batter.
5. Bake for approximately 22 minutes.
6. Allow to cool for a few minutes before removing from muffin tin, then allow to cool fully on a cooling rack.
This recipe yields 12 muffins. Feel free to double.
I have also made these without chocolate chips, instead serving with jam or apple butter.
Baking time may vary with different ovens. I have found my brand new oven takes longer than my old oven, probably because the heat setting on my old one wasn't very accurate.
These will last a few days at room temperature in a sealed container. I usually freeze most of them, and then take a few out at a time as needed. They don't take long to thaw.